C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:52:14 +0000
                  Joanne Darr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> << My parents don't treat me as a sexual person at all IMHO.   >>
>
> Are you sure this is disability related or could it just be a
> parent/child issue. Who of us thinks of our parents having sex,
> even if we are in a large family.
>  A parents biggest fear is having a sexual child (aren't yo all
> worried about it with your own kids) Even after having 7 kids
> my dad would still prefer to think that I'm a virgin and that
> all the kids were the result of immaculate conception.
>

> Joanne

Looking at it the other way, my daughter (now 20) currently at
university spent the long summer vacation back with us. She was
sharing her 15 yr old sister (Rachel's) bedroom, and one day
Rachel brought out a box which she found in her elder sisters
things. It was a gross (144) of condoms, it was with some relief
to notice that most were still present, perhaps a slight case of
"eyes bigger than stomach"!!!

--
Deri James
dawn chorus(n): Nature's way of telling the programmer to go to sleep.