C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:08:31 -0700
I've had this same complaint though not as bad.  I
refer to it as having TB (tired butt).
You probably should do something about it soon though,
to avoid more trouble.  A Jay cusion or Roho cushion
would probably do the trick.

--- Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a question I hope someone can answer.  I have
> developed a terribly
> painful problem when I sit.  I know it's from
> pressure on the coccyx
> (tailbone), and I wonder if anyone else who sits
> most of the time experiences
> this.  There are times when moving a fraction of an
> inch is agonizing!  This
> is starting to be a serious problem since I
> subscribe to the philosophy "no
> pain, no pain."  I use a wheelchair, but not all the
> time, and I'm thinking
> of getting one of those cushions for my chair that
> has a U shape cut out from
> the back to relieve the pressure.  Does this sound
> familiar to anyone, by
> chance?  If so, can you offer any sound suggestions
> besides the cushion, or
> can you say that that type of cushion makes a
> difference?  I would like to
> keep this from getting worse, if possible.
>
> By the way, I don't have CP, I have other initials
> (PN).  I'm on the list to
> help administrate.  I'm just thinking that this
> would be a common problem
> with folks who sit a lot.
>
> Thanks much,
> Betty

=====
Bill Hyatt
"The shortest distance between two points is.....
 usually not accessible"