NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dan Suggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:22:11 -0700
Jen wrote:
  Now
 that he is going to preschool I would like to have him tested just
 to have
 some "medical data" to back me up.  I am aware that allergy tests
 are not a
 cut and dry answer,

In my opinion, what more evidence do you need?  Cold hard experience
weighs more than "medical data" in my book.  My son (23 months) has the
same reaction to dairy, and that is how I know he is allergic to it.  I'm
not interested in having him go through any tests to tell me, yep, he's
allergic to dairy.  My own test is simple.  I place a drop of milk on his
arm and presto, we have hives!
It seems to me that the preschool should believe you and honor your
wishes for a dairy free diet.
Sorry I'm no help on the allergist ideas, but this is just my two cents I
guess.  If you still want to have him tested, I sincerely wish you luck
in your quest.

Laurie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.