NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:17:14 -0500
Is it possible to be allergic or have a food intolerance to spices and brown sugar? I'm becoming suspicious that I seem to react in various ways after eating foods with cinnamon and/or brown sugar. The reactions are somewhat similar to lactose intolerance. I'm pretty confident that I'm avoiding dairy in my food intake. However, I'm reacting to something. Now I know that as one gets older, you may have trouble properly digesting cereals/legumes. That's why Beano was invented I guess. But this problem goes beyond that. I use brown sugar on my oatmeal, bread pudding, and cinnamon rolls. In the latter two recipes, I add some cinnamon. That tends to complicate things a bit. Anyway, back to my basic question - can you react to these substances? The answer is likely "yes" but I'd appreciate any insights which could be provided.

Don Marcotte