CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:20:34 -0500
From:
Bev Wolfus <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you to everyone who responded. No one answered that they don't
worry about spices in prepared food. In general, people who responded
said that they did not use spices unless they were certain that these
were GF and that they also did not use prepared foods with spices unless
they were certain that the spices in those foods (or the foods as a
whole) were GF. So, reading labels only for clearly non-GF ingredients
is not sufficient - we have to also verify that spices (and natural
flavors) are GF.

Most people know that McCormicks spices are GF unless marked otherwise.
I called French's and they indicated to me that their spices are GF
(including processing) but that I should call if I was thinking of using
a mixed spice (i.e., not a single, pure spice).

Bev