CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:32:16 -0400
From:
Sandy Kupperblatt <[log in to unmask]>

Hello list members!

This is my first time posting to this list.  I have a 28 month old son with
celiac disease who was diagnosed and has been GF for 8 months now.  There
have been a few contamination incidents a few months ago and since then my
son has not been normal in the bm arena.  He has a few body rashes that
will not go away either regardless of the creams prescribed by the
pediatrician.  My main concern is that he has been having what we think are
mild seizures the past couple of weeks.  He will stare off into space and
his body will tremble.  They last 5-10 seconds or so.  We will be going to
get an EEG but the pediatrician saw no rush and we probably won't have one
done for about a month.  Should I be worried and push this to happen
faster? Does anyone know if this could be related to some hidden gluten in
his diet?  Also I have read that seizures can be a result of not getting
the right minerals or amino acids in the body.  His diet is not that great
in the nutrition area (picky toddler).  Does anyone have any experience
with this?  I will summarize the responses I receive.

Thanks Much in Advance!

Sandy