C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:07:02 +0000
        "Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "Vapors", ("vapours", if you prefer") are Victorianese for
> fainting, I believe.  After a "few pints of Guiness" I find I
> get the "vapors" in that same sense.  BTW, Deri, do you have a
> recipe for shandies (shandys?)--lager and lemonade.  I hade
> this concoction at a pub in Hursley (near the IBM centre) a
> couple years back.  Wunnerful!

Shandy is a wonderful summer drink (Bitter and lemonade half and
half), and of course lager shandy is probably what you had.

BTW a good wheeze if you run into a very inexperienced bar maid
(i.e. her first night working in a bar) is to order Guiness
Shandy - it is virtually impossible to pour. Mind you its
virtually impossible to drink if she manages it!!! (But we
wouldn't be that cruel would we.)

Cheers

--
Deri James