C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:23:52 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth H. Thiers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2000 9:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Thought you might be interested

I don't know anything more about this than what you read here but, I thought
you might be interested.
Dear Editor,

I found your website and thought you would be an excellent
source of referral. I'm a consultant in the transit industry
specializing in ADA compliance. One of my projects is called
Metro Wheels, and we're actively recruiting new participants.
I hope you will help spread the word to clients and colleagues.

Metro Wheels is a unique consumer-based service-monitoring
program administered by Easter Seals Southern California.
Participants in the program join an important group of transit
riders who are helping the MTS System improve the quality and
reliability of their accessible transit service. Participants
receive a free bus pass for as long as they are in the program
and a one-time $40 Internet subsidy.

To qualify, one must a regular MTS Bus or San Diego Trolley
rider who uses a wheelchair or has a visual impairment, has
access to a computer and be willing to fill out a simple survey
each time you ride the bus.

HOW IT  WORKS
1. A dedicated group of transit riders who use wheelchairs or
are visually impaired serve as volunteer service monitors.
2. Metro Wheels Volunteers ride the bus or trolley just as they
normally would, and complete an Accessible Service Report Card
for every trip they take (or try to take).
3. At the end of the day, they send their reports via the World
Wide Web to Transit Access, an independent third part monitoring
service contracted by Easter Seals Southern California.
4. Transit Access compiles the volunteers' report card data into
reports for MTS management.
5. The transit agencies' management uses the information they
receive to learn about trends in accessible service quality and
reliability, and to pinpoint and fix problems.

Steve Jaffe
mailto:[log in to unmask]
TRANSIT ACCESS
(818)785-6532 Phone
(818)475-6532 Fax

Please visit the Web Site: http://www.transitaccess.com
----
WAPD NOTE: We published above letter for those in the San
Diego area to take advavtage of this free service. Others,
around the world, can use this model program as suggestion
to your various local transit/bus companies for better PWD
transportation. Every community should have a comparable
program to better serve it's citizen needs. It's up to you!

Elizabeth Hill Thiers, OTR/L
email address: [log in to unmask]
homepage: www.bv.net/~john/bethsot1.html