C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:37:49 -0400
From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
I noticed that a few of you had some fund raising done for your children.  I have two of my four children who are special needs.  My oldest 8 has severe Learning disabilities and developmental, border line Global delays.  Then I have my youngest who has micro, mild CP, global delays and a bunch of other illness.  He does walk, but has a orthopedic stroller.
What I need is to get a few things and equipment to help these two at home and at school, but I do not have enough money.  My oldest has just been approved for SSI but only $500 a month which is going to be used to put him in to a private school that can help him better than the public school.  Some of the things I need is a laptop computer for my oldest to help him with school work, he is unable to write at all and has a central processing problem, he also needs an adaptive bicycle or tricycle since he has trouble coordinating his pedaling with steering and cannot balance at all.  His friends all ride bicycles without training wheels and he is starting to become aware that he is different.  For my youngest a would like to purchase some therapy items, like a therapy ball, Sensory issue tools and also take some sign language classes so he can communicate better.  He is also probably will need a CPAP soon and I do not know if Medicaid will pay for this.
Sorry for the length, but if someone could help me with the info needed to start a fund raising campaign I surely would appreciate it. Thank you and God Bless
Deborah mom of 4