C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:26:40 -0400
Dear Elaine,

So the flute still holds music for you, magic and melodies, and yet allure
to lilt the Turtle from her Shell?  Momentarily...More welcome the brief
appearance than the none.

I would have thought we men were the ones of brief appearance who left women
languishing.  Seems you artfully managed to create an intriguing role
reversal.  When last I noticed you announced a remarkable connection between
us that you might say not only left me at a loss for words but uncertainty
of how or what, if anything, to do.  Perhaps I lacked delicacy and grace
acknowledging an heart felt gift.

Now nature tends to fill vacuums and we humans tend to fill spaces that
others leave.  In your absence whatever my preoccupation I never so much
lost my awareness of you as remained perplexed about the means of contact.
As with much of life the matters of when and how work through when
appropriate.  We can only best tend and hopefully wait for the fruit to
ripen.

From my selfish perspective I'm glad you've come forward, that you give the
opportunity to engage.  You've done no offense, just perhaps feel the
after-shocks of taking risk.  Earthquakes shake everything loose.  Your
apology is gracious and decent given your willingness to accord other's
feelings--I appreciate the "cost" of the effort.  Mine was a sleepless night
of "missiveness."  Exposure.  And almost didn't send it.  Glad I did.

Hugs,

Steve