C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:51:05 EDT
Dear Cindy-

The usual rule --if there is a usual rule in all of this--concening
spasticty/spastic CP at night is that there is actually less spasticity at
night/when sleeping.  This is one reson that TES is used at night because
spaticity is less durring sleep.  The same is also true --usualy-- of
athetoid CP--that there is less uncontrolled movement at night/when sleeping.
 Of couse we all know that there are no "rules" that hold all the time in any
one case of cerebral palsy no matter what type.

It could be something elce that you can not determin besides the CP
(something as simple as bad dreems or maby she is just going through a
"stage", or a undetected medical problem not related to CP)  or it could be
the CP, after all Lizzy at this stage probably dose not have adaqute
vocabulary to tell you exactly what is wrong (I am assuming that she can
talk--if she can't ignore what I just said).  Have you talked with her
peditrition about these lastest developments?

Yours,

Anee Stanford
Webmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 9/28/1999 12:15:34 AM Central Daylight Time,