C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:20:23 -0500
Cindy,

        Some others on the list will know more about AFO's and such than I.
You sound like a very dedicated Mom and Lizzy Jo is a lucky little girl for
that! When dealing with professionals, don't let them "blow you off".
Remember, you know more about Lizzy Jo because you are with her most of the
time. Be polite, but push when they say, "We'll wait." Just say politely,
"I don't want to wait, what should I do." Some professionals think they
know all about something because they work in "such and such" an area. But
the truth is they only know the clinical stuff and not the day to day
problems which arise. You do, so in that since, that makes you the expert.
Try to find someone who will help you tie therapy to every day activities.
I had breathing problems related to my speech and so my physician put me in
singing lessons so that singing would affect my breath control. Stuff like
that. If you have any questions, ask any of us. Someone will come up with
something.

Best of luck!

Bobby