From:
Glenda Hyde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:48:35 -0700

I have enjoyed the posts about the gf friendly places to eat on
vacations.  Since we are in a resort/vacation area I will share with you
my immediate experiences with finding gf friendly food places.

Black Butte Ranch, west of Sisters, has very high quality food at a
moderate price.  I have been able to call ahead or walk in and find very
good gf food.  The chef, Hans, is knowledgeable, helpful, and
matter-of-fact.

With a few careful questions, I can also find a gf meal at The Gallery
Restaurant in Sisters.

The Northern Lites Bakery, near the Fly Fisher's Shop in Sisters makes gf
bread to order every Wednesday.  Give Angelique some notice and she will
make what you want, or provide suggestions for your order.

The Cascade Culinary Institute at Central Oregon Community College in
Bend has a teaching restaurant that provides 5 course lunches for about
$8.00.  The food and service are quite good.  They are open to the public
during the school year on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for lunch (allow
at least an hour for this treat!). You must call ahead for reservations,
as they only take 20, and if you tell them your special requests,
something wonderful will be waiting for you.  The word is out in Bend
about this place, and the reservations are made months in advance.  It is
a great treat!

The Depot Deli in Sisters is a terrific soup and sandwich shop.  I order
my sandwiches without bread, and Richard knows every ingredient in his
yummy-made-from-scratch soups, so can tell me which ones I can choose
from.

I don't profit from the sales of these businesses, but as a patron I
"profit" from these gf places when they stay in business and I can enjoy
their products.  Thanks for letting me share!

Glenda in Central Oregon