From:
"J. Murray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 20:19:09 -0500

Jim Lyles writes about the gene typing test to determiine risk for celiac
disease.  Hla typing May hepl in populations where the genetic make up of
the celiac population is known and that of the general population is
known also. Unless I am incorrect I have not seen any stiudy address the
issue of negative predictive value of HLA typing. In the melting pot of
the USA i would be a little more circumspect about its value.  Joe
Murray.
PS  If you are a HLA matched siblibg of a celiac patient then you will
have a higher chance of getting it. JM