Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:42:19 -0600

Thank you to all who answered my request. Here is a list of resources on
GF meds edited from the replies I received.

Guide to the Medicine Cabinet  from Stokes Pharmacy online.

The American Pharmaceutical Association publishes a book entitled
"Nonprescription Products: Formulations & Features."  It
can be ordered at 1 800 878 0729.  It lists the gluten content of all
medications.  It is valid for a year, as drug companies cannot change
their formulations without a certain amount of notice.

One address is www.celiac.com/products.html
There is a list of GF products.  Look under Gluten-Free Shopping
Guides.   There's one for Products and Drugs from CSA, and the
one from Rabbi Gershon Bess looks interesting.

>From Lani K. Thompson, I quote:
"We publish several pocket guides including the Clan Thompson
Pocket Guide to Gluten Free Prescription Drugs and the Clan
Thompson Pocket Guide to Gluten Freen Over the Counter Drugs.
The prescription guide has over 350 entries and the over the
counter guide is even longer with well over 500 entries.

I verified all information directly with each company. Prescription
meds were verified in June of this year and OTC meds were verified
between Sept. 29 and Nov. of this year. In addition, there is a
comprehensive list of mostly 800 phone numbers so users can call
companies themselves, if they so desire.

In addition to information about whether each medication contains
gluten, we have included information about whether OTC meds are
appropriate for vegetarian diets.

There is a very long list of gluten free pain relievers including anacin
caplets and tablets, Bufferin, Ecotrin enteric coated aspirin, and
Anacin.

Each guide costs just $3.50 and can be purchased by sending a
check or money order to Clan Thompson, 951 Maine Street,
Stoneham, ME 04231.

You might be interested to know that we also sell a stand alone
database of gluten free prescription and over the counter drugs that
includes over 950 entries. All you need is Windows 95 or 98.