From:
Bev Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:49:06 -0600

Dear Listmembers,

I have been in touch with the marketing department of Walnut Acres through
e-mail to ask them if it is possible to change the wheat flour in their
canned soups to rice or corn flour/starch.  It is the only ingredient in
them that we can't have and they seem to be aware of celiac disease and the
gf diet because they list gluten free products on their website.  One
disturbing event that happened was when I looked under "other products to
try" they made a mistake by recommending a mushroom barley soup for people
who were specifically looking for their gluten free products.  I called this
to their attention and they said they are going to change this listing.

Hopefully they will listen.  If enough of us e-mail them and request the
ingredient change in the soups, maybe they will listen.  Their website is
www.walnutacres.com.    I have no interest in this company other than
finding good tasting gluten free easy to prepare foods for my celiac
daughter.

Happy holidays,

Bev Wahl