From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:49:32 -0500

Hi everyone!

I have spoken with Tracy Wittman in R & D at Applebee's International at
1-800-354-7363 X4087and she provided me with a list of menu items that
should be GF.  She checked the ingredients list for each one and made
the following suggestions:

Steamed Vegetable Platter
Marinated Chicken Breast (marinated in italian seasoning)
Buffalo Chicken Wings WITHOUT Bleu Cheese Dressing
Ranch Dressing (contains mustard flour, not wheat flour)
Caesar Dressing
Honey Mustard Dressing (contains mustard flour, not wheat flour)
Side Dish of Steamed vegetables is made with margarine and lemon pepper
   (each location can choose what brand of margarine they use, so you will
   need to ask)
Side Dish of Red Potatoes is made with margarine and sprinkled with
   parsley (each location can choose what brand of margarine they use, so
   you will need to ask)

She is checking on the Blackened Chicken which is a fajita chicken and
will get back to me in a few days with her findings.  They have a
Blackened Chicken Salad that she thinks would be ok.

In the letter she sent me, she had included the Smothered Chicken Breast
as GF.  I questioned her about what it was marinated in and found it to
be teriyaki sauce.  She looked up the teriyaki sauce and it said that it
contained soy sauce powder which was made from wheat.  So it would NOT
be GF.

When I hear more from her, I will let everyone know.  Thanks for all of
your postings as they really help.

Barbara