From:
Karen D'Andrea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:39:48 EST

Hi All,
Thank you so much for your caring input to my problem with leg cramps and
inability to take magnesium supplements.

These are a summary of the many responses I received:

Check my supplements for hidden gluten.
Try liquid magnesium by Nature's Life.
Try magnesium glycinate.
Try "Yourlife" Ca/Mg.- has 600mg Ca and only 40 mg of Magnesium.
Try Malic Acid.
Try an amino acid chelated supplement (containing Ca, Mg, Vit. D, and trace
minerals) from Natures' Sunshine.
Try a smaller dose of Mg. and work up to the full dose.
Eat bananas, lots of Mg.

Specifically for leg cramps:

Increase intake of water.
Try salt under tongue.
Try celtic salt under tongue "fools the brain into thinking electrolytes are
balanced".
Increase warming up and stretching before exercise.
Try Potassium tablets.
Increase Potassium intake with bananas, oranges, apricots.
Don't drink soda, it decreases absorption of Ca/Mg.
See a nutritionist.
Try tonic water 6-8 oz. per day.

It will take me a while to try all these ideas, but hopefully I will get some
response. Thanks again, you are the best! Karen D'Andrea