From:
Leharna Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:43:19 +1000

I am a recently diagnosed Celiac sufferer.  I have had the disease for
apporx 20 years undetected.  I have had a excess weight problem since I
was 8 years old (I am now 32).  All the info I have read about the disease
suggests that wieght gain is a problem with most people being very thin.
Is there anyone out there who has had an excess weight problem prior to
diagnosis and has wieght loss become easier since adopting the gluten free
diet or has the weight problem disappeared as a result of adopting the
diet??

Any comments/info would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Leharna - Melbourne, Australia