From:
Chris Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:25:03 EDT

Has anyone run into the problem of not being able to be told they are 100%
diagnosed with CD?  I had a low b12 and went through absorption test (which
said I didn't absorb); small bowel biopsy (which said was
abnormal-inflammatory); blood work (which of one came back positive for CD,
one negative); second biopsy after being on gluten free diet for 3 months
(which came back normal).  I found it frustrating when I asked my doctor if
we were 100% sure that I had CD and he said we couldn't be 100% sure.  I have
a sixth sense telling me that this is indeed what I am dealing with but
because I wasn't feeling really down and out I probably didn't exhibit
devastating symptoms (only fatigue; bloating; stomach noises, headaches
(probably from slight anemia)).  I was just wondering if anyone of you
dealing with this disease could give me any additional advice so I could feel
as though I AM doing the right thing and doing without many foods for a
reason.