From:
jody hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 10:01:41 -0400

I just got my new book from carol fensters,"Special diet
celebrations". Lots of ideas on cake and dessert recipes.I asked carol if
I could post some recipes here and she said it would be fine. You can
also get many recipes on her site :http://www.savorypalate.com and she
also writes for the magazine living without wheat:
[log in to unmask] I have made these and they are good!

Oatmeal cookies celiac style

1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato flour or arrowroot
2 tbsp tapicoa flour
1/2 cup brown sugar or maple sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xantham gum
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg or 1/4 c flax meal
1/4 cup butter,oleo
1/2 applesauce
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp gf vanilla extract
3/4 cup of gf chocalate chips or raisins
1/2 cup rolled rice flakes
cooking spray or parchment paper
oven preheated 325

spray non-stick cookie sheet and set aside combine dry ingriedients
brown rice through cinnamon and set aside. add rest of ingriedients
exccept raising and chips and blend well.Add dry ingriedients and rolled
rice flakes.Mix in mixer add raisins and chips.batter will be somewhat
dry Bake 20-25min..for a twist u can add ur favorite nit butter about
1/3 ciup..also flatten cookie on top b4 baking.

I bought her new book thru amazon.com but iam sure u can find it in
stores or her web site.

Enjoy everyone
jody
icq#22357402