From:
Joel Elias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:11:04 -0400

Our support group is looking for concise, authoritative, preferrably
printed, information to be used in educating medical professionals about the
prevalence and diagnosis of Celiac disease. We would like to make the
following points as summarized in a note from one of our members:

"Educating the medical profession should focus on providing convincing
data that:

1) Celiac Sprue is more prevalent than previously thought and taught to
doctors. This needs to reach the entire medical community.

2) Celiac sprue is found in patients with a variety of symptoms and not
just the diarrhea/failure to thrive stereotype

3) Endoscopy requires more than several samples(perhaps as many as 12
according to the most recent information reported at the Atlanta CSA
conference)."

If you can provide or point us to such information, it would be greatly
appreciated.
Rochester Celiac Support Group
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://home.rochester.rr.com/jhe/celiac.html