From:
RAMESH GOBINDRAM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:59:43 PDT

Dear Listmates,

Firstly I would like to thank each and every one of you who responded so
fast , I rec'd over 40 e/mails, filled with suggestions and concern over my
condition.  Thank You all, you are a great family.

A few of them are facing similar problems like mine and had asked me to let
them know what responses I got. So here is a brief summary of some real good
suggestions.

- Many of them suggested that I go to see a Chiropractor (one who does not
manipulate your neck a lot)

- Others suggested it could be due to deficiency of vitamins / minerals /
calcium.  And to get some extra supplements.

- A pinched nerve on the neck , muscles knotted up , could be the reason for
numbness in the hands.

- Some suggested to get my bone density checked up.

- Be careful while sleeping , make sure your hands are straight down on the
sides and not over your head. Try sleeping without a pillow.

- Get a lot of exercise/yoga, rest a lot, it could be due to picking up and
carrying around the baby.

- Might be a problem with the carpal tunnel.

- Many of them assured me that this is definitely not related to c.d.

- A few suggested that it could be a case of fibromyalgia, and I should
speak to the doctor about it.

Well, the last few days I have been speaking to my neurologist and we did
the carpal tunnel tests firsts and they turned out to be negative, I spoke
to him about fibromyalgia and he told me that he suspects I may be suffering
from the same.  We took out a few X-rays, and he informed the bone structure
is perfect and he sees nothing wrong with it.  He also made me get some
blood tests for which the results are not yet out.

He suggested me to a physiotherapist and I have to get about 10 sessions of
therapy to see if we can get rid of this pain in the neck.

I have so far completed three sessions, and I cannot tell you for sure if
this is really helping, I guess I have to wait till the last session to see
how good the results are.

Regards,
Sneha