From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 16:59:33 -0700

Here are the responses I received re GF garlic supplments:

Bear Paw Garlic supplied by AIM USA, 208-465-5116 (Nampa Idaho)
They will give you the name of your nearest supplier! (Fax No:
208-463-2189)

Nature Made brand garlic states on the box that it is GF, but it is in
such small print that I didn't see it, so I called to check, and was
again assured that is it GF.

The Vitamin Shoppe mail order has everything on their label. Call for
the cataogue at:1-800-223-1216.  Everything they have has no gluten so
why not garlic? All my vitamins
are g/f.  My husband has been taking two garlic pills a day and it has
lowered his cholesterol and blood pressure back down to normal. It
really works for some people.

"Roundy's" brand at my local Pick n' Save grocery says "no gluten" in
the ingr. statement.

Several suggested that I just eat real garlic.  I do - on anything and
everything I can think of, plus pickled garlic.  Love it, but my
naturopath says I need more because since I went gf my cholesterol shot
up 100 points and my LDL's are too high.  HDL and triglicerides are
good.

Diane

PS  One of my favorite, quick appetizers:   Whipped cream cheese mixed
with minced fresh garlic.  Spread on sliced dry salami, roll into the
shape of a cone.  Put an olive on the small end of the cone and secure
with a toothpick if you wish.  Can subsitute ham for salami and
horseradish for garlic.