From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:22:02 -0700

I wrote to Johnsonville yesterday regarding their brats.  I asked if
their bratwurst were gluten-free.

First I'll show you there response, then I had an additional question
and then you'll see their final response.  If you wish to write them
yourself, here is the address of the person I've been talking to:

1)  Their 1st response:

Thanks for taking the time to contact us regarding JOHNSONVILLE SAUSAGE.

The only JOHNSONVILLE products that contain gluten are our products that
contain beer, both our fresh and cooked sausage.  In addition, we make a
product called Harris Teeter British Bangers, these may or may not be
available in your area, but they also contain gluten.

Please feel free to send us any comments you may have in the future.

Kathy Welsch
Consumer Relations Coordinator

2)  My additional question for them:

Thank you for your quick response.  However, I still have a question.  I
want to make sure I understand your reply.  You state:

The only JOHNSONVILLE products that contain gluten are our products that
contain beer, both our fresh and cooked sausage.

Does this mean that your fresh and cooked sausage that contains beer
contains gluten, BUT the one's that don't contain beer, "don't contain
gluten".  Thank you again for your response.  I'm hoping I understand
you correctly, because I love your brats.  It's my favorite.  Sidona/San
Diego

3)  Their final reponse:

Sidona,

Sorry for the confusion.  Yes, you are understanding correctly.  Only our
products with beer contain gluten.

Kathy