From:
Tracy Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 20:30:27 EDT

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question about rice cakes. Here is
what I found out:

Of the QUAKER brand these are gluten free:
        Rice cakes-lightly salted
        Carmel/Apple Corn Cakes
        Apple Cinnamon
        Butter Popped Corn Cakes
        1-800-856-5781

From the CSA Products Listings from 97 the following are listed as GF:
        Hain    Apple Cinnamon
                Apple Cinnamon mini

        Konriko  Butter and caramel

        Orville Redenbacher's Caramel (reg and mini)
                Apple cinnamon
                Honey nut (mini)

I also had people recommend Trader Joe's rice or popcorn cakes. Multi grain
rice contains millet so that is out. Popcorn has butter, so it isn't DF.
There are other flavors though.

Someone suggested Lundberg's rice cakes. They are all GF except for the
multigrain ones.

One person said that you can look up different brands to find out information
on this website:
        http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/spa/4003/gf-index.html

As far as finding out about Safeway brands, many people had the same problems
when trying to find out about the GF status of their foods.

Big thanks to Dave T. who helped me tremendously. He really put a lot of
effort into finding out more about the Safeway brands. Here is what he found:
                1-800-922-6717

SELECT Dipping Sauce, SELECT Southwest Salsa, SELECT Reduced Fat
Mayonnaise, Safeway Corned Beef Hash, Safeway Instant Rice, Safeway
Cereal - Corn Nuggets, Safeway Marshmallows, Trader Horn Vanilla
Flavoring and Extract, Safeway Caramel Corn Cakes, Lucerne Pre-Stirred
LowFat Yogurt, Safeway Stewed Tomatoes, Safeway Aerosol Whipping Cream,
Safeway Frzn OJ Concentrate, Safeway Antacid Tablets (Peppermint, Fruit,
Wintergreen), Safeway Orange Flavored Natural Vegetable Powder, and
Safeway Nutritional Supplement

Thanks once again for all of your help!

Blessings to all of you,

Tracy from Oregon