Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:46:20 +1000
From:
chintala <[log in to unmask]>

Hello, and thank you to all the people who replied to my post. It has
been so reassuring and supportive. For the first time, I didn't feel
like we were on our own.

I received 21 responses, and three advocated continuing with the
testing. I did get his blood test done. However the result is still not
back, and won't be for another week and a half.

Overwhelmingly, the support was to forget the tests and stay with what
was so obviously working. Two people had children with problems the same
as my son. Others had children with no official diagnosis, and of course
some were definately diagnosed.

Why torture him for the sake of gaining a label as someone put it. I
have put my son back on gf. We won't be waiting another month or so for
a biopsy, it is just too cruel.

Before going gf in the first place, my son was cranky, testy, always
'not well' as well as having the belly ache and incontinence. GF brought
about a transformation so great, he was happy sunny, eager and feeling
good.

Of course putting him back on gluten food turned him back to the former
child, but now  that he is once again and for good,   back on gf, he is
becoming happy, lively and sunny all over again. That is proof enough
for me

Nearly everyone has had nightmares with doctors, and after all the gf
diet is a natural remedy for this awful thing, and works so well, so why
not go with it? I attended a celiac info session, and so many people
were so negative, but I found that having an answer and it being so easy
to deal with  was a wonderful thing. It was such a relief, that we have
no problem living with it.

Cheers Tracy.