From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:21:52 +1100
Chickens and seed eating birds are actually have evolved different digestive
enzymes that aren't inactivated by the protease inhibitors in grains. ie
they're supposed to eat grains. Our digestive enzymes are knocked out, ie
we're not supposed to eat them, and indeed cannot unless they're cooked.

Ben Balzer