From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 00:18:30 +1000
Three good references on diet and skin disease focussing on fatty acids. One
or more of these do mention benefits of evening primrose oil on psoriasis. I
haven't given them a close read for a few years, and they're not with me at
present. Your hospital librarian should be able to get the Lancet one
immediately (wonderful reading anyway). I think the first one mentions
psoriasis in addition to acne, but can't recall if the other 2 do.

Burton, J.L. Dietary Fatty Acids and Inflammatory Skin Disease, The Lancet
January 7,1989 pp27-30

Stewart, M.E. Sebaceous Gland lipids Seminars in Dermatology Vol 11 no 2
9June) 1992 pp 100-105

Downing, D.T.et al Essential Fatty Acids And Acne J. Am. Acad. Dermatology
1986;14;221-225