CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:34:24 -0400
CHOMSKY members:

For your information . . .

F. Leon

---------- Forwarded message ----------

"The new journal SYNTAX is a welcome arrival, with outstanding editors and
fine prospects. I look forward with much anticipation to the forthcoming
issues."  - Noam Chomsky, MIT

SYNTAX aims to unite related but often disjointedly represented areas of
syntactic inquiry together in one publication. Within a single forum
SYNTAX will accommodate both the explosive growth and increased
specialization in the field of syntax.

Contents of the August 1999 issue:
Multiple Case Checking - Susana Bejar and Diane Massam

Gambling on UG: The Application of Monte Carlo Computer Simulation to the
Analysis of L2 Reflexes - Katrien N. Christie and Phillip Christie

Two Types of Impersonal Sentences in Spanish: Locative and Dative Subjects -
Olga Fernándex-Soriano

Events and Economy of Coordination - Ljiljana Progovac

Edited by Samuel Epstein and Suzanne Flynn
ISSN: 1368-0005, 3 issues a year, Volume 2, 1999

SAMPLE COPIES AVAILABLE
For subscription details or to order a sample copy of SYNTAX please contact
Clare Carter (quoting reference 89BB466)  at:

ALSO AVAILABLE  - LINGUISTICS ABSTRACT ONLINE

LINGUISTICS ABSTRACTS ONLINE is designed to revolutionize research and
teaching by giving immediate access via the World Wide Web to more than
15,000 abstracts from nearly 300 linguistics journals published since 1985.

30-Day Free Library Trial Available Now!
We are currently offering libraries a free 30-day trial link to the
LINGUISTICS ABSTRACTS ONLINE website. During this period we will provide
full access to your users. To register for the trial please contact: