C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 01:20:09 EDT
Oh, actually, they DID pay me minimum wage, only because I was only being paid
for three days a week for three hours at a time.

Basically my job was a "speical" position created just for me after they found
out that I was a computer tecnician where I acutally REPAIRED computers
instead
of the assholes in the store whoo used the turn em on- turn  em off then toss
'em method.

After they hired me, the asshole scum bag manager "forgot" to document my
hours
for the first two week pay period so I got paid for 6 hours even though I
worked 18.

PLus he through out computers while I was fixing them, threw out computers
that
I was in the middle of fixing when me "dismissed"  me for the day, basically
refused to listen to my suggestions even though he knew nothing about
computers, (basicalyy before I got there, they threw out alot of 386's and 486
computers including towers, while they kept tring to sell XT's and 286's with
CGA and MONO monitors for $50

One instance I can remember is when I found a working 486 with no monitor that
they marked for $15 I was taking a big (about 500 meg) hard drive out of a 386
with a busted power supply when he told me I had to go and then the next day
he
said there was no work for me, even thoug h I was in the middle of fixing a
computer the day before and the computer AND the note that  said that  I
was'nt
done with the computer was STILL there. PLUS my contract stated that they had
to let me work my 3 hours even if there were no computers there. THe next dsay
the computer and the hard drive were both gone and his excuse was that HIS
boss
todld him to throw the cmputers I was fixing out "to keep the placew neat"

WHen I was done fixing the computers's he's supposed to price them before they
are sent out, but when I told him that I had about 4 systems fixed and ready
be priced (remember Godwill policy is that NOTHING can go out until it's
priced) he was sitting around  talking about sports or  something ( he was'nt
talking about work or serving a customer or anything) and then guess what,
they
got tossed.

Everytime I wanted to talk to him, we was always "busy", even though he was
finished counting the money in the register and there were no customers.

Once when i was buying some tapes (this was after I was fired for taking one
one of the computers that I worked on and kew was  working out of the garbage,
I was wrong, I admit it but I was caught by the assitant manager who snt a
prick like we was)I came up to buy some video tapes and he basically refused
serve me while we was talking to one of the loading guys "ABOUT HIS KIDS!.

Even after he threw out my work, lied about my hours and treatred me like
shit. and refused to serve me, I asked him why he treatred me this way his
words were"

Remember I was pissed by now.

Look, you better drop that attidude with me because you cant win so you'd
better accept what you have before I ban you from the store. REMMEMBER< I no
longer work there but I LIVE THERE and i was a customer AND there were no
other
customers there and he was'nt even working and he baicaly refused to serve me
after I got his attention.

PLEASE PLEASE CLASSIC GAMERS,
DON"T BUY FROM GOODWILL!

OH BTW, they usually tosss just about every game system made before the SNES
and they've even got a boxed VCS, a BOXED INtellivision with carts and a Sega
Genesis that are still back there, and will probably be tossed to.

THe "residence" is just as bad. THey charge $620 a month for one frunished
room, electricity cable and small portions of REALLY REALLY bad food. In fact,
since i'm a diabetic, I cant eat most of it and had to appply for state
supppliment to get $83 a month which I have to buy food that  Ican eat in big
enough portions so that my blood sugar dosent drop to0 low.

Plus their residence isnt even LICENCED, so I cant get food stamps or
anything.
Fortunatly Im moving out soon (I dont know when) and getting a better job soon
so I can move out. After my case manager saw the place and their food she
stepped up the paperwork so I can get out of here after she realizedthat the
food here is either loaded with sugar, loaded with salt, loaded with
carbohydrates, which turns into sugar in the body or tastes like shit.

RIchard Hudsom

165 Ocean Terrace
Bridgeport COnnecticut
06605