VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 07:15:26 -0700
I have downloaded it, activated it, but I fear it may not be of any use to
us at this time.  all i can find are graphics.  I cannot click on titles as
they suggest.  although audio books are supposedly able to be listened to in
Reader via audible.com, it's not going to do any good if we can't click on
the title of the book or on the play button to play it.  Of course I'm
hoping that i've missed something but so far I don't think so.  and even if
a graphic could be successfully clicked on, I fear the new cleartype text
may not be responsive, so it looks like Microsoft has not yet built
accessibility into this product.  i have written to them about it but no
answer so far.  unless i'm mistaken, we are again excluded.  why can't they
go ahead and make something accessible right away without our having to go
through the tedious process of reminding them to do it?  they know by now
that we want accessibility.  I know there's always a catch-up period but I
think if all this were taken into consideration during the original design
period we wouldn't have to go through this every time.  Fortunately we still
have plenty of other options, but it doesn't hurt to keep tabs on this
product.  we don't want to lose what access we have to e-books.

Ilene