From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:40:24 -0500
Jim,

This statement was after the "from Diamond, Via" section (in the "summary
from various sources" section), and referred to various reports of serious
bugs in the Via MVP3 chipset setup in Windows 95 when using certain hardware
combinations.  The improved "4-in-1" drivers released early Sep 99 from Via
seem better so far, but I have seen no documented accounts.  The FIC page
posted a recommendation against using Win95 (recommended Win98).  Win95
requires more patches (AMDK6UP, IDE Busmaster drivers, etc.) and is
potentially messed up by the IRQ Routing patch (intended for Win98).
Martin Kurr
QUALITY ENGINEER
FBG GLADSTONE
ph 812-348-4415