From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:35:12 -0800
On Thursday, February 24, 2000 6:01 AM, "Janus, Philip" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<snip> Anyway, obviously FDisk is out, since it's an NTFS disk. Does anyone
know of
> a tool I can use (preferably downloadable from the web) to verify
partition
> status on an NTFS disk and set active partitions?

I understand whole-hardly what you are attempting to do. :-)  I know of no
utility that you can download that will allow you to do this.  OTOH, when I
prepared one of my PC's for dual-booting Windows 2000 and Windows 98(SE), I
used Partition Magic 5.0. IMHO, this is the best software on the market for
doing what you are asking and it includes BootMagic that allows you to boot
to either OS. In addition to the ability to repartition your hard drive
safely without loss of data, it can read and convert FAT to FAT32, NTFS,
HPFS, FAT32 to FAT, NTFS to FAT and FAT32, Primary to Logical and vice
versa. You can d/l it from PowerQuest's web site,
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/index.html. HTH. :-)

Walter R. Worth

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html