From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:22:36 +1000
> FWIW, I don't recommend the induction diet for more than a month.

What is this induction diet you're referring to? As there are several
different books on paleo, it's hard to presume that everyone knows what
you're referring to. Please elaborate.

> *** Group calls low-carb diet unhealthy

I really get a bit put out by people labelling diets high carb and low carb
on the Paleofood list. You can have a Paleodiet with AS MUCH CARBOHYDRATE as
you like- you get it from fruits, root vegetables, dried fruits
etc..Neanderthin makes it clear that Neolithic "carbs" ie grains, beans and
cereals are chock full of toxins.

The point is that Paleo is a LOW TOXIN, HIGH MICRONUTRIENT (vitamin, mineral
antioxidant phytosterol) diet simply because grains etc are high toxin. low
micronutrient foods.

Bottom line is that once you have DETOXED (for the first time ever- no
matter what detox you have used before, only Paleo is a true detox) over say
3 months, then your body will be able to respond normally to changes in your
diet. More below.

> ATLANTA (AP) - On a typical morning, Ron Glasgow eats a three-egg
> omelet and a 12-ounce package of bacon or a half-pound of ham. For
> the rest of the day, he can eat all the pork rinds, beef jerky,
> sausage and steak he wants. After 11 months on this diet, he's gone
> from 425 to 330 pounds. Glasgow and others claim to have shed
> stubborn fat by laying off carbohydrates and sugars. They stick to a
> menu of unlimited meat, cheese and eggs - no sweets, rice, pasta or
> bread. Many dietitians and health experts, 10,000 of whom will be in
> Atlanta this week for the American Dietetic Association's annual
> meeting, say the diet is an unhealthy fad and the weight loss is
> temporary. The high-protein, no-carb plan is "a nightmare of a diet,"
> said Kathleen Zelman, a registered dietitian and ADA spokeswoman. See
> http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561674688-206

IMHO The reason SUPERHEAVYWEIGHTS lose weight on these diets is because
superheavyweights are particularly sensitive to Neolithic toxins (this is a
hypothesis only, not proven). Their diets are part way to Paleo. This is the
reason why SOME people achieve good results on any diet- is usually obvious
when you consider their previous diet, their new diet and compare the two to
Paleo diet. The new diet has some element that is more paleo than their
previous diet. Yes, I think Paleo is as perfect as breast milk. Yes, I am
biased.

Ben Balzer