From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:41:57 -0600
Other ways to get your veggies without mucking about in the lettuce:

We have a salad bar at work and I would make up a salad of just
veggies (their iceberg lettuce was awful): carrots, celery, broccoli bits,
cucumbers, sliced zucchini, radishes, cherry tomatoes.  Maybe a slice
of beet or some chopped egg.
Or I bring a lettuce-free salad from home, maybe with daikon, fresh asparagus,
cucumber slices, sugar snap peas.  These are things you can have ready ahead
of time, and keep for a while.

Lynnet