From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:05:25 +1000
At 0:47 +1000 6/10/99, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

>..example of a wheat grain...
>It has just enough of the 48
>micronutrients to digest exactly the amount of energy (starch) that
>is present in that grain of wheat. It is designed to last till the
>plant can grow enough root and leaves to make its own energy.

So, a wheat grain contains just enough micronutrients for a baby wheat
plant to digest the starch.

But what if the human digestive process is different from a wheat plant's
digestive process.

For example, if these micronutrients are protected within a cellulose
envelope, they would be unavailable to humans, as we can't break down the
cellulose.

Also, while there may be enough micronutrients for the baby wheat plant to
break down the starch, there may also be antinutrients that prevent animals
from gaining access to the necessary nutrients.

I think there's more to consider than just what's in the seed.

 ...Richard.