From:
Jeremy and Kendra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:04:23 -0500
Dr. Mom wrote:

> ::#4 - If you love your children so much and if you are so incredibly well
> informed,
> ::why are you subjecting them to junk food and sugar when you can easily
> make desserts
> ::without sugar and all the chemicals in things like jelly beans and candy
> bars?
>         Good!  You may come over here and cook for 7 people and make them
> wonderful desserts so easily.

Kendra:
I cook for 5 (soon to be 6).  I think it is easier than refined or processed foods,
but not as easy as opening a package of refined or processed foods.  If I can not say
it I definitely do not eat it.  My family and I do not eat foods that cause health
problems, even if they are easy.  I assume that cooking or preparing healthy meals
keeps me from numerous doctor's visits and meetings with teachers.  There are many
recipes for Paleo desserts and they are so good compared to processed and refined
foods.  Good luck to all who go the extra mile to prepare healthy deserts.

> ::#5 - Based upon what I see as your poor judgement in meal choices for
> your children,
> ::I would not take your advice.  I wouldn't trust it as having any wisdom.
>
>         Luckily, I did not offer you any.  neither did I ask for yours.

Kendra:
I think this list is for everyone to offer advice and support.  It is correct that
individuals may opt to ignore that advice.  People on the list can offer advice
without being asked.

> Dr. Mom- Ph.D. in motherhood.
>
> Molybenum supplements help sulfite-sensitive asthmatics.

Kendra
Molybdenum is what I think Muriel meant to write above.  It is an essential trace
element found in animal and plant metabolism.  It is a dark gray, powdered mineral
that resembles chromium and tungsten in many of its properties.  It has a low order of
toxicity.  It is part of the enzyme which is responsible for utilization of iron in
our bodies.  It can promote a  feeling of well-being and can help prevent anemia.  A
deficiency can result in dental caries, sexual impotence in men, and cancer of the
gullet.  DEFICIENCY IS USUALLY THE RESULT OF EATING A DIET HIGH IN REFINED AND
PROCESSED FOODS or foods from molebdenum-deficient soils.

MOLYBDENUM IS TOXIC IN DOSES HIGHER THAN 10-15MG, WHICH CAUSE GOUT (uric acid build up
around the joints.)

Best Paleo Sources for Molybdenum are:  Liver, eggs, pulses (the edible seeds of
various leguminous crops (as peas, beans, or lentils), and offal (the viscera and
trimmings of a butchered animal removed in dressing).

Asthma is becoming increasingly common among children and can be triggered by a number
of factors including allergens.  Worldwide, asthmas prevalence is about 1 or 2
percent.  It is 6 percent in children in the US.  Asthma is on the increase in the
Western World and there is no sign of a cure.  Increase of B6 is said to reduce the
frequency and severity of attacks.

I invite anyone suffering from asthma to cut out dairy, grain and sugar for one month
and see how they feel.  I suffered from extrinsic asthma and no longer have problems
with asthma or allergies of any kind.

Kendra
NeanderTwin