From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:08:18 -0400
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Jeremy and Kendra wrote:

> Kendra:
> For everyone's information, Kendra did not attack the women going to the
> potluck.  I offered an idea that she take the DH's insisted upon chicken
> salad and a Paleo dish.  Did not want anyone to get confused.  I offer
> support and advice when I can.

Yes, I frankly don't remember who it was who decided to take the
question as an opportunity to comment on her marriage.  I didn't
mean to imply that it was you.

> My comments to Dr. Mom were a bit over the top and I expected some negative
> value everything you say.  You offer a lot of great information and
> resources.  I too thought Muriel was going to be angry as her
> inconsistencies were questioned.  I do not think the vulgar offensive
> language was necessary.  I thought an intelligent person could express
> their ideas better.  Must not have much to say about the message so attack
> the other person.

Kendra, I think the problem is this.  The people on this list do
not swear an oath to uphold the paleo way and to abstain from
other modalities.  Muriel has her own ideas about what works and
what doesn't, and they are no doubt very different from yours and
probably mine too.  She didn't *advocate* the use of non-paleo
desserts or, for that matter, drugs.  She answered a question.

> Dr. Mom knows nothing about me, whereas, anyone can read
> all about her on her website.  Unfortunately, I went there and found a
> women whose children have disorders, not to mention the advice to
> individuals to take drugs for things like warts.  Tagment for wart removal?

You made a choice to look at the web site, and you didn't like
what you found.  But nobody is required to recommend the paleo
diet as the cure for all human ills.

> Kendra:
> Hasn't Dilantin appeared on this List a few times with regards to its
> dangers.  Has anyone thought that the Paleo lifestyle also stimulates the
> immune system?  Muriel does not give advice with regards to a Paleo
> lifestyle.  She does not whole heartedly believe in this oppurtunity to
> take your health into your own hands and be healthy.

Again, there is nothing in the charter of this list that
restricts participation to wholehearted believers.  "Support"
does not require that.

> Again, does not offer individuals
> advice with regards to Paleo diet.  Again, does she believe in this
> lifestyle or not?  Why does she come here if she does not?

Muriel is not required to advise people to do paleo diet.  She is
not required to pass any test of doctrinal purity in order to
post messages here.  Perhaps she comes here because she is
interested in paleo diet.  Is that a good enough reason?

Todd Moody