From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:59:23 -0700
Hi Laura,

>Also, I've only seen recipes for using suet to make pemmican. What other
>uses does it have, say for everyday cooking?

I am melting some down right now too. I use it for baking-for the rest of
the family-in place of butter or lard in breads, cakes, cookies, pie
crusts. I use it for pemmican sometimes and it is great for soap making
because it is the hardest of the fats and has the highest melting
temperature.  It is also good for frying.
The grass fed suet tastes like butter.

All the best,
Susan