From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:19:10 -0700
-

>> What have others tried for paleo-weaning?

we allowed our baby from few weeks old to have access to the raw paleo foods
we are eating, we just prechewed for him everything,nuts, seeds, animals
products fresh or dry, vegetables fruits ,berries...We were prechewing the
food only when he was asking us to do it , exactly like a little bird with
noise and wide open mouth  .( that was so cute), otherwise he was chewing on
any of those hard raw foods by himself sucking out the juice even with no
teeth . Dry shrimps or deer was a favorite and filbert was big too. it was
amazing to see how much he could get , with no teeth from a piece of hard
dry meat.
With fruits , when very young (6 to 8 months)he was eating cherries and
plums and spitting out the skin and pit>, the year after he was swallowing
part of the pits, and this year (  over 2 years old) he ate a lot of pits
with any sign of discomfort), now he don't anymore. He choked once or twice
,that's all. ( with no problem ).
Happy progressive weaning
jean-claude
let me remind you that the average weaning time in the world is 4 years old,
so for us we will let him wean on his own accord.