From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:33:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/99 3:20:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>   In religion, and in life, I think the "intentions" a
>  person has are much more important than following the
>  letter of the law.>>
>  Wally,
>  Yep!!  I must add that if the higher being I believe
>  in is going to punish me for doing some of those
>  things I am not supposed to do, then I am going to
>  shop around for a new one, after all, if I was perfect
>  then I would be god.
>  Jane

This is why god changed from a malevolent one in the old
testament, to a kinder-gentler forgiver in the new.  He was
losing support and compliance.  Societal leaders need
compliance.  And this has been said about keeping people
eating the wrong foods in this society, if you keep people
weak,sick, submissive and "busy" believing many
different things, they can't get together well enough to
see the truth.  If everyone saw that truth, together,
there would be anarchy. There would be no society
as we know it.  This applies to religion as well as
nutrition.  This tactic works remarkably well in
communist/totalitarian governments, but never as
well as it does here.  Here noone even knows its
being done to them.

Anna