From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:29:02 +1000
Phenylalanine is also in the sweetener Aspartame (hence the warnings for
phenylketonurics). I'd advise you very strongly against DL-phenylalanine as
it's 50% D-phenylalanine which has no biological value and may be poisonous.
As for taking L-phenylalanine by itself- I'd be very uncomfortable with
that - just look at the damage it does people with the genetic disease
phenylketonuria. If you believe MSG is bad for you, I can only think that
phenylalanine supplements would be worse.

I now I wonder which type of phenylalanine is in Aspartame (trying very hard
not to mention any tradenames). Please let me know chemists.

Try meat instead.

By the way, why don't I believe in supplements? I'll tell you later. IGWTD.
Though I do believe in folic acid supplements- great for cracked lips- I'd
advise you to see your doctor first. Maybe you need a red-cell folic acid
level or hae some other disease. There is so much folic acid in most
paleodiets that you shouldn't really need to take a supplement.

Sorry about the spelling error.

Ben Balzer