From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:08:50 -0700
> The label of Paleo or not is determined only by
>Mr. Audette, by definition.

This kind of thinking dooms both Ray and his works to remaining marginal.
 Do you imagine Barry Sears work would have gained the currency that it
has if it was promoted as a personal cult?   If history is any guide at
all, the "church of paleo" needs room for methodists and unitarians and
presbyterians, etc, as well as orthodox, or it isn't going anywhere.

Also, while there are several folk on this list who occasionally promote
this "my way or the highway" approach, I don't believe I've ever seen Ray
himself do so.  My impression is that he is much more open and considered
than that in his own thinking.  I think he is also smart enough to know
that the "because I say so" argument is only going to appeal to a limited
following.  Some of the rest of us by nature need results and logic that
can be tested against our own accumulated knowledge and experience.

I personally want this way of eating to get the broadest possible
attention and understanding, because I think the fundamental concepts are
true and offer great benefit to humankind, including relief of much
unnecessary suffering.  I am glad for Ray's work and hope he has much
success getting greater public attention for it.   That doesn't mean I am
willing to blindly accept every detail as writ.