From:
Greg Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:45:56 -0500
>How long were you on paleo before the acne cleared up?
>Ben Balzer

I've been on and off the diet in the process of experimenting with it.
Each time it's been about a week before I see the benefit.  My acne
always gets worse after a couple days, then starts to improve
dramatically and go away at about a week.  By two weeks it's totally
gone.  I can only guess that the reason it gets worse before it gets
better is as a result of detoxification.  I tend to go to extremes, when
I'm not eating really good I'm eating really bad.

I don't know if it's related but I also noticed that I tend to have very
soft, loose stools when I'm eating poorly and then when I go on a good
diet I don't have a movement for many days, which is highly unusual
since it's usually rare for a day to go by without one.  The first time
I tried a paleo diet I didn't have one for almost a week, which started
to scare me quite a bit.

The only possible explanation I've been able to come up with is that
when I'm eating poorly my body is trying to rush the toxic products out
of my body.  Then when I start eating better, it takes a few days for
things to 'catch up' to where they should be.

-Greg Butler