Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:28:43 -0700
I had terrible arthritis in my knees, was facing surgery, etc. Then went on
paleo diet and the pain all went away.

A relative of mine has terrible arthritis in his knees. The difference is,
he is 85, and I was 25 when my knee problems started. I had continuing knee
/arthritis problems until I went on paleo diet.

When I was 25 I was told my knee problems were due to "overuse" and that I
had all my cartilage worn away, I needed to be arthroscoped, I had water on
the knee, I had chrondomalacia, I had god knows what else. I literally could
not get up out of a chair without severe pain, I could not walk, I could not
swim. You name it, I could not do it. I could not even stand, that was the
worst...

Anyway, could an 85 year old also get relief from this pain by going on
paleo diet??He is scheduled for knee replacement surgery.

I told him, please, just try a week of meat and fat only, and I feel certain
this pain will go away.

His wife is a low fat, high carbo freak and would never go for this, is also
the cook in his family...so my hands are tied. Anyone have ideas???

Mary