From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:51:49 -0700
At 08:21 PM 6/1/99 -0700, Jean-Claude wrote:

>let me know if you can send us pecans this fall, at least to sow them here.
>Where in the north west are you?

I'm sorry ... no pecans, and I miss them, too. They are in Central
California,
and I moved to Oregon in 1992. Oregon is too cold for them. I live near
Corvallis.

>are Amity raspberry specially good as a variety in comparaison with other
>varieties?

It seems a fine variety to me: thornless, truly everbearing, very tasty,
and bears heavily. I believe that Bear Creek listed it as tolerating zone 4,
so it should last through a pretty cold winter okay, too.

>glad to see that i am not alone at planting "worthless" plants.
>jean-claude

"Worthless" plants, live forever!

Susan Kline