From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:03:55 MST
Okay, milk is non-paleo, but I thought we'd all find this of interest,
nonetheless.

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is at it again.  Come St.
Patty's Day, the group is launching a new ad campaign: Milk sucks, got beer?
  Here's the scoop.

PETA is based in my old hometown (or metro, I should say) of Norfolk, VA.
In the neighboring city of Chesapeake is one Bergey's Dairy Farm, run by my
best friend, Elsa, and her husband Leonard.  A few months ago, PETA showed
up to tour the joint and see how the cows were treated.  Elsa thought it was
pretty goofy but gladly obliged.  I worked at Bergey's for years as a kid,
by the way, and we'd be lucky if WE got the time and attention these cows
enjoy.

Anyhoo, PETA thinks not only that these poor, widdle cows get no respect,
but that (get this!) beer is better for you.  Why?  Beer has less fat, less
sodium and some fiber.  But wait, there's more!  PETA plans to distribute
free "Milk sucks, got beer?" bottle openers on college campuses nationwide,
encouraging college students to suck down some delicious, healthy beer.
Just last night, I saw a "Milk sucks, got beer?" sticker on a passing car.
Like we need more alcoholics in this crazy, mixed up world!

I'm told you can get more information at www.milksucks.org.  Yippee.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO