From:
Robert McGlohon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 19:05:38 -0600
One of the reasons I started making triple batches of Ray's barbecue sauce
was that I read an interview link posted to this list (Cordain?) in which
the interviewee posits that the paleo way of cooking was slowly, in stone
pits.  I don't know how true this is, but it got me to thinking and helped
me develop a time-saver I thought was worth sharing.

I got out my seldom-used crock pot and read the recipe book, then added a
few twists of my own:

Buy 1, 2 or 3 briskets from the grocers, about 3 to 4 pounds each.
Tear off a piece of aluminum foil about 2 feet long and place one brisket
smack dab in the middle.
Season.  I use a multi-season and some garlic salt.
Sprinkle liberally (unless you are Republican) with Liquid Smoke.
Wrap tightly with the foil.
Put the foil packages in the crock pot, fatty side up, and cook on low for
12 hours or so.
Voila -- barbecue.

I do this about 6 p.m. and have brisket with Ray's barbecue sauce for
breakfast.
It's about the laziest way I know of cooking, and brisket sells for a lot
cheaper than steak.

Robert