NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 22:24:15 -0500
John E. Cornell wrote:

>Is there any reliable, reputable test to confirm that I have a problem
>with casein?

Antibodies to casein can be tested for just like testing for gliadin ones.
I'm sure the places that test for 100 food sensitivities include casein in
the panel. Dr. Cade, in Florida, is testing autists for casein problems and
the lab he uses is:

Alletess Medical
216 Pleasant Street
Rockland, MA  02370
1-800-225-5404

There is a $64 charge for this test, which includes IgA and IgG for both
gluten and casein. I suppose it would be cheaper if casein alone is tested for.

But, as with any antibody testing, you must be consuming the food, or the
system won't be producing antibodies against it.